10 steps to make your windows 10 faster
In this lockdown, many of you spend your time watching web series or on any other laptop related stuff. In short, you all used your PC more than before in this pandemic. So, many of you are facing the problems that “My PC is slower than before, what can I do to make it faster?” So here is the solution with some very easy steps. In this article, I’ve given many different ways so that you can make your windows 10 smoother than before.
1. Disable Startup Programs
If your system is taking more time to boot up and you’ve already enabled fast startup but still it’s not that effective then these few steps may help you to faster your startup. Many unnecessary programs open when you start your pc like μtorrent, IDM, etc. To fix this problem first you will have to open your Task Manager.
- Right-click on the Start button and click on Task manager
- After opening Task Manager go to Startup and Disable all the unnecessary programs
2. Disable animations and visual effects
Windows 10 has a lot of other built-in special effects. Windows animation and graphics are really very cool. But it also makes your PC slower. So, we are going to disable all the animations so that your PC runs smoother than earlier.
- Go to your desktop and right-click on This PC icon and then click on Properties
- Now on the right side under the related settings option click on Advanced system settings
- Now in the System Properties Go to Performance -> Settings
- Hereunder the Visual effect you will find 4 options, click on Adjust for best performance
3. Disable Windows Auto updates
Many times while we are working or doing some important tasks windows send us notifications about updates. It’s really annoying and it also affects your PC performance and wastes your internet data. This feature starts automatic updates from windows. So, in order to make your system better, you will have to disable this feature.
- Press Windows Key + R type services.msc and hit enter
- Here scroll down and right-click on the windows updates option -> properties
- In this Properties tab go to Startup type and select Disabled
4. Disable Background running apps
Windows update is not the only thing that is running in your system’s background, There are lots of other apps too which are running in the background. Because of these apps, your system works very slowly. There is only one way to get rid of this very messy thing and it’s to stop these all apps from running in the background.
- Go to settings and search for background apps
- Here in the Background app’s tab disable all the apps or disable unnecessary apps which you don’t want to use in your system background, what I will prefer is to disable all apps.
5. Enable Storage sense
There are many unnecessary and temporary files saved on your PC and we don’t even know about those files. But those unwanted and temporary files affect your system’s performance. Windows 10 has a feature called storage sense which will automatically delete those unwanted files. But this feature is basically disabled by default on your system so in order to enable storage sense follow these steps.
- Open Settings -> System -> Storage and enable that toggle button on your screen
6. Remove other temp files from your PC
As we saw in the previous step this feature removes many unwanted and temporary files but still, there are some files remaining so in this step we will remove those unwanted files
- Press Windows key + R and type temp
- Select all the files and delete all, don’t worry about this all the files are unwanted and temporary files
- Press Windows key + R and type prefetch
- And then do the same stuff delete all the unwanted files.
- Again Press Windows key + R and type %temp%
7. Disk clean up
This current one’s a mutual benefit. It’ll improve execution and let free up space on your hard drive. Disk Cleanup has been around everlastingly, however, this believed Windows utility can even now help clear out the brief records, installers, and other garbage littering your hard drive. To run it, simply look for Disk Cleanup, run it.
- Right-click on your C: Drive > Properties > Disk cleanup select all the files and click on clean up system files
8. Change Power Plan
There are many different power plans available in windows. Make sure you are not using a power-saving option. Even desktops sometimes feature power-saving options, which is not good for your system unless you want to conserve your battery life. Open the control panel and go to Hardware and sound > Power Options to see which power plan your system is currently using. make sure you select High performance or Balanced plan for better performance of your system.
9. Antivirus Scan
Many times what happens is some mod apps or crack versions may contain the virus and install it while you are installing that software. That malware or virus runs in the background of your system and makes your system slower. So if you don’t have any antivirus software then install it. You can check our other article on the Best Antivirus Software for which antivirus software is best for your PC and windows.
10. Restart your PC
Sometimes the problems may be very small and we look here & there to solve that. Restarting your PC free up memory and stops any processes that may be taking up assets. Also, shutting down your PC is not enough. Restart isn’t influenced by Fast Startup, so on the off chance that you have Fast Startup enabled, restarting your PC is the best way to completely clear the memory and shutdown processes.