What is VPN?
Have you ever connect you device to public Wi-Fi network and think if someone, somewhere might be able to see your online activity? That’s entirely reasonable, considering the forces arrayed against your privacy. And here VPN comes into Frame. So, VPN(virtual private network) protect your information from prying eyes and regain a measure of privacy online.
VPN allows you to create a secure connection to other network over internet. Therefore, It can be used to access region-restricted website, shield your browsing activity from public Wi-Fi. A VPN can block your online activity including the links you click or the files you download, from being visible to cybercriminals, businesses, government agencies, or other snoops.
How does VPN Work ?
When you switch on VPN, it creates an encrypted tunnel between you and remote server operated by service. All of your online data and activity goes through this tunnel, so that you data is secure from prying eyes along the way. Because your traffic is exiting the server, your PC or laptop appears to have the IP address of said server, masking your identity and location.
Because your computer behaves as if it’s on the network, this allows you to securely access local network resources even when you’re on the other side of the world. You will be able to use internet as if you were present at Service location. Therefore, It has some benefits if you want to access geo-blocked website from public Wi-Fi.
When you are at home, you don’t have to worry about someone spying on the Wi-Fi network because you own network. But it can be used here, too. Your ISP(internet service provider) has enormous insight on your online activity. And your ISP can sell anonymized data about its customers. That means Wi-Fi company you pay is making money from your data.
These days VPNs are very popular. But not reason why they were originally created. They were created to securely connect internet to business network or allows you to access a business network from home.
How does it Help me?
In short, VPN connect your PC, laptop, smartphone and tablet to another computer(called a server) somewhere on internet and allows you to do online activities using that computer’s internet connection. Thus if server is in different country, it means that you are coming from that country. so this means that you can access things that you couldn’t normally. Here are some benefits of it:
- Protect yourself from snooping on untrustworthy or public Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Hide your true location
- Bypass Blockers and Filters
- Watch streaming media like Netflix and Hulu.
- Protect yourself from being logged while torrenting.
- Bypass geographic restrictions on websites or streaming audio and video.
- Gain at least some anonymity online by hiding your true location.
- Hides your private information
- Escape data-throttling and avoid bandwidth-throttling
- Access region-blocked services
- Avoid censorship when traveling abroad
- Access regional sports coverage unavailable in your location
- Offer cheaper leased-line alternatives
- Offer cheaper long-distance telephone charges
- Provide network scalability
- Reduce support costs
- Improved Performance and Enhanced Security
Do I Need VPN For All My Devices?
Yes. Generally, You need it on all your all devices. In addition, All device that has operating system should be connected to internet using VPN, at all times. Many people fall prey to identity theft, and many more are victims of data collection and ransomware.
Generally, VPN clients are the same for both Windows and macOS. But I have found marked performance deference depending on the operating system. When you have good service provider, it is not hard to connect all of you device at same time. Good Companies provide speed and stability with multiple devices.
Unfortunately, not all devices can run VPN apps. Your smart fridge, for example, isn’t a likely candidate for convenient app use. You can configure your router according to your VPN connection. In fact, You can buy pre-configure router from some Service provider companies. Information sent within your network will be available, and any smart devices connected to your network will enjoy a secured connection.
How do I connect the VPN?
Most VPN can be connected and activated with just a few click, it really is that simple. You need to downlead and then run the program. Create login and then just and choose which country you had like connect to and you are ready to go.
SETTING UP A VPN IN WINDOWS 10:
The first step is to create a VPN profile which you’ll fill this out with details from your particular service.
- Click on the Windows button, then go to Settings > Network & Internet > VPN. Click on Add a VPN connection.
- In the fields on the page, select Windows (built-in) for your VPN provider. Give your VPN a name under Connection name. Enter the server name or address, the VPN type, and the type of sign-in info.
- Add a user name and password for extra security (this is optional, but recommended). You can choose to have the computer remember your sign-in info.
- Then Click Save button.
- To connect to your VPN, go back to Settings > Network & Internet > VPN. Click on your VPN name.
- If you want, at this point you can select Advanced Options to edit the connection properties, clear your sign-in info, or set up a proxy for it.
- Select Connect and enter a password.
Same way you can set up VPN for CHORME OS, MACOS, IOS and ANDROID.
Can I use Free VPN?
Yes. But I will not recommend it. Some free services can help you to get Indian IP address. But it will come with slow speed, poor performance and security issues. Most free VPN makes money in ways that expose you in danger online. Furthermore, They may sell your data to advertise or personalize your device with malware. Some display annoying ads in their apps or even engage in fraudulent activity.
However, Many free VPN can’t access blocked content. It also have weak security that’s put your privacy at high risk. Remember that Indian authorities have filed cases against hundreds of people in Kashmir for using VPNs to access banned social media apps. And they were find out this because their VPNs had weak encryption and security features. So, I recommend you to use paid version. In fact, If you need it for short period of time then you can use some VPNs for free up to 20 days using its money-back guarantee.
Which is best VPN?
ExpressVPN tops this list of VPNs because it’s pretty much the full package. Not only is the software lovely to look at and easy to use, but it houses serious configuration options as well as some really useful additional features. Similarly, There are many other good software.
- Excellent Windows client
- Stream Netflix and Hulu in HD/4K at blazing speeds
- Great connection speeds
- Military-grade AES 256-bit encryption
- Great for streaming and torrenting
- Browse and download anonymously
- Connect to over 90 counties
- 24/7 support service
- Connect up to 5 devices on 1 account
- 30+ servers in India and 5,500+ globally to access content anywhere in the world
- Unlimited bandwidth to watch as much content as you want in Ultra HD with no buffering or slow loading
- Double encryption security and Great additional functionality
- Certified no-logging and The odd interface quibble
- Powerful, user-friendly with plenty of servers worldwide
- Connect up to 6 device simultaneously
- Supports torrenting with dedicated P2P servers and no throttling
- Bonus features like malware protection
- Choose from over 6400 server in 90 counties
- AES 256-bit encryption and a no-logs policy for maximum security
- Unlimited bandwidth means you can stream as much as you want
- Live chat customer support
- Anonymous Torrenting Mode lets you torrent safely and quickly
- Secure up to 7 devices at the same time
- User-friendly apps for all major platforms
- 3+ servers in India and 1,700+ globally
- AES 256-bit encryption and CleanWeb technology for top security
- Watch like an American
- Unlimited bandwidth and no throttling
- Fantastic value and Great speeds
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Kill switch issues on Windows
- Dedicated torrenting servers for fast download speeds
- A little basic for power users
- 6 servers in India and 1,400+ globally to watch local and international shows
- Powerful Windows client and Full torrent support
- AES 256-bit encryption
- Unlimited bandwidth to stream your favorite shows
- Could be complicated for beginners
- Supports torrent downloading and no throttling
- Secure 10 devices at the same time
- 1,800+Server and 110+ locations
- Such blistering speeds
- Decent free option and Good price
- 45-day free trial with money back guarantee
- 24/7 support service
- Clients lack true power
- Secure 5 devices at the same time
Why I Need an Indian IP Address?
To begin with, you need Indian IP address to watch local sport matches like Indian Premier League(IPL), Indian Super League, and Pro Kabaddi on Star Sports. In fact, you need it to use online banking portal overseas like Bank of India from anywhere in the world. Stream Indian shows and news when abroad using local services like Disney+ Hotstar and India TV that can’t be accessed without an Indian IP address.
Can I setup a VPN on my smartphone?
Yes, Of course. Before purchasing a VPN, check it to make sure that it comes with downloadable app. And then you can browser safely from phone or tablet on Wi-Fi without any worry. Some VPNs will allow multiple devices to connect simultaneously, which means you can connect your PC, laptop, phone, router, and wife’s phone all for one low price.
How we Rate VPNs?
In this case, To find out which VPNs are worth your money, we looked at what each VPN offers, starting with features. In conclusion, the main priority of VPN is security. Because of this we chose VPNs that have military-grade encryption, a range of protocols , DNS leak protection, and a kill-switch. Moreover, we analyzed the ability to torrent, stream major content, the number of servers and locations. Lastly, We compared all of this to the price to see if it was worthwhile or not. Last but not least, we analyzed users reviews both the positive and the negative on each VPN.